Does it bother you when customer service can't understand you or the other way around?

De

Okay so this is not a "everyone should speak English" hateful post but just a question. Does is frustrate you when you call a customer service line and the person on the other end cannot even understand your question? How do you handle it?

I spent over an hour on a customer service line trying to resolve an issue this morning and I started off super patient but after 30 minutes of them unable to even understand what I was asking I was super frustrated. How do you handle these situations? I was transferred a couple of times and was met with the same issue! I could understand their accent and everything they just weren't understanding me. Then at the end (with no resolve after an hour) they asked if there was anything else they could help with and I said "no that's it" and they responded "your satisfaction is a great compliment. Thank you."

What do you think could be done about this or is it a non issue in your mind?

Edit: I want to add that the company I called is based in a primarily English speaking country and their website I ordered from was in English.

Also, it wasn't my accent or anything like that, they just didn't understand the English language. For example, I said "The outside of the box was damaged before I even opened it" and they said "yes we found the box outside"

We also switched to a computer messenger/chat and I still couldn't communicate with them enough to resolve the issue so I know it wasn't the noise or my accent or anything like that