Life can turn around! Feeling blessed.

Melania • 12.09.2018.🥰

I’ve been depressed most of my life. I can think back to about third grade when I first began to get feelings of deep rooted hopelessness. Things got worse and worse over the years but I grew better and better at hiding it. A few years ago, I was in university and I was miserable. The height of my depression and anxiety came about and I could barely function. I was lucky that my professors understood when I didn’t show up for class and would happily meet me during office hours or even at the local pub to discuss class and assignments. I finally graduated, and I was just thankful to be finished. Two years ago, the man I had been living with and dating for 5 years was diagnosed with cancer. Our relationship was already rocky and I had wanted to leave before the diagnosis, but I stayed, and justified his bad behaviour because I thought it was the illness. But it wasn’t I realized that throughout my life, I had been settling. Finally after getting extremely sick from all of the stressors in my life, I decided it was time to leave. I packed my things, he packed his, and we moved back into our own parents houses. I moved four hours away from where I grew up had friends and places to go, to where my parents were. Slowly slowly I got better. I got a new job, started making some friends. I explored my new area, and even started dating. Somehow, I met an amazing man who loves and cares for me deeply. I became surrounded by my family again after my sister and BiL moved up too. A year later after all of these life changes, I am now working my dream job in my field, I have an amazing partner who shows me what love is really supposed to be like, I have the support of my family, and I’m moving into my first home. I haven’t ever felt this happy and motivated in my entire life.

I’m deeply proud of myself after facing 15+ years of self doubt and feelings of worthlessness. Things can turn around guys. And the wait is absolutely worth it!