Stuck in the middle!

EDIT: Jennifer, that sounds exactly like her! I never would have expected her to choose this guy but I know she’s just trying to figure things out. She’ll end up getting her heart broken AGAIN and I will be right here when she comes running home!

Mama llama, her first semester she made A/B honor roll. This one we aren’t even sure if she’s going to pass two of the classes. BUT we lost my MIL in January and I think that has a lot to do with it. They were very close and she was the only grandparent in my kids lives. She has changed but I expected that to happen once she got freedom. I understand what she’s going through and want her to learn on her own but my husband thinks she should just do as he says. (which would be great but not going to happen. )

So, my husband and I have been married almost 20 years. We have 4 kids. The oldest is 19 and just finished her freshman year of college about an hour from home. (She lives on campus not at home). She has always been a great kid. In the last few months she has met a boy. Not a boy that we agree with. She deserves so much better BUT I know she needs to live and learn.

My husband on the other hand is having a really hard time letting her grow up. He nags her the whole time she’s home, about her guy. I’m scared she’s just going to stop coming home because she don’t want to hear what he has to say.

I will say that even though she has moved out we are giving her a free ride at college. We pay for everything her scholarships don’t pay for. We rented her an apartment, she got a new car, everything. She’s spoiled! Lol

And about the guy! He’s a cocky frat guy. He chased her for months last year and she finally gave him a chance. A couple of weeks later he dumped her because “the chase was more fun than actually having her.” Couple Of Months later he come crawling back and she took him back straight away. This is why my husband doesn’t care for him. Well that and that he’s a “pothead”

Sorry this is so long. I just needed to get it out. I just feel so stuck in the middle of her and her dad.