Don’t take little things for granted.

Lenny • 👩🏻👨🏼‍🦰👧🏻👦🏼🤰🏻

My husband and I have known each other since we were in high school, and have always known that we each wanted to adopt. Well, now we are back together and recently married! I have a 3 year old, and life is great.

We still both want to adopt, but are not in a situation where we can right now (both still in school, I’m looking for a better paying job, remodeling the house, paying off as much debt as we can... things we’d like to finish before adding to our family). But we started looking at a website to get more info on how to adopt children out of the foster care system, and oh my heart. We both knew we want to adopt an older child, since most children adopted are the smaller ones. We don’t really care what race.

We came across a 10 year old boy, and when they asked what he wanted to do with his forever family, he said he just wanted to go out to eat with them. My husband and I just cried. Something so simple, that we do all the time, and that we take for granted. My heart just hurt for him.

I just wanted to share that, so maybe we could all feel a little more grateful for our own lives this morning!