My boyfriend’s son is getting on my NERVES

Sorry I need to vent.

I’m 6 months pregnant, and I’ve been with my boyfriend for 8 years.... I’ve known his son this whole time but he’s starting to get on my nerves.

My boyfriend said he’s going to be staying with us for a month and it’s only day 3 and I’m beyond annoyed.

His son is now 12, he took over our living room, so I can’t even sit/lay on my own couch. He’s messing, he doesn’t clean up after himself, he’s picky when it comes to food (like I’ll cook dinner, and he won’t eat it because there’s onions in it or cheese, and I just wasted my fucking time cooking for an hour). I’ll even ask what he wants for dinner, then he isn’t hungry.

My boyfriend doesn’t implement him to clean up after himself, or pick shit up. I know he tries not to be so strict because he doesn’t get his son often, but if he’s staying at OUR house there has to be rules !!

Every time we go somewhere his son is constantly playing around in the store and it’s embarrassing to see a kid constantly run into people because he’s playing with a ball.

I don’t wanna be a bitch and constantly complain, so I’m going to visit my family for a few weeks while his son is staying at our place.

Don’t get me wrong, I love kids. I’m actually a teacher, but it’s frustrating having to have expectations at work and my middle schoolers actually listen to me, then when I come home I’m having to deal with another kid who doesn’t listen and I’m having to clean up after them.

My mom said I need to get used to it since we’ll be having a baby, but I don’t think I should get used to it. My child is going to learn how to pick up after themselves. My boyfriend’s son is 12 and acts like he can’t raise off dishes, or pick his cup up from off the floor.