📖Are you in love with your BFF ?

So I met this guy online and we hit it off ... he lives in NY and I live in FL. So the thought never crossed my mind about ever meeting him but out personalities matched so much like it’s crazy. Long story short I’ve known him for about 4 years now and just last year we decided to meet up in NY and hang out. Well come to find out I’ve developed feelings for this guy who I thought I never would. As it happened unexpectedly. But after telling him how I felt..... talking to him hasn’t been the same. Since he basically put me in the friends zone and started talking and dating someone closer to him. I’m trying to be happy for him but I can’t bring myself to without feeling hurt in the process. If you told a guy how you felt ... (more then 3 times) and he tells you that he just sees you as a friend and doesn’t want to loose contact with you ... and you felt like he doesn’t understand that being his friend isn’t an option anymore in your book. Would you remain friends with him or just cut him off completely?