Can you yell at kids for over cleaning?

Jessica

My two step kids won’t go with their mom so iv asked my boyfriend if I can set one daily chore to help me clean around the house. They have till 10pm to do the chore or the WiFi goes off. I always try and have to do the same chore so their is no complaining. But every time the chore is putting away the dishes the girl does the all of them. Which I don’t care how the chore gets done it’s just needs to be done by 10. I tell her in the morning though. “ I need you AND your brother to put away the dishes.” She knows it’s a shared chore. Well the last 3 times she’s done all of the dishes but the problem is when her brother wakes up she asks me “what is he going to clean.” And I explain to her nothing since she finished the shared chore. And she gets upset but like how is this my fault. I snapped at her today because she came in my room while I was trying to nap complaining that her brother doesn’t help around the house and she doesn’t want to do all the dishes again. So I get up and again explain to her it’s a shared chore she’s only expected to half. And again today she does all of them. Like I’m not getting up and finding something else for her brother to do because she chooses to do his chore for him. My boyfriend pissed at me right now cuz I guess you can’t yell at kids for over cleaning. Does anyone else see how this is frustrating though.