Crazy birth

Ta

I finally feel like writing my story. I had gone into the hospital on May 22 at 6:30 am because I hadn't felt baby girl move in over a day. I had tried everything from Pepsi, orange juice and laying on my side and still felt nothing. Of course, when I got there and they hooked me up, they found her. She had gone into my back. But they kept me for a bit because my blood pressure was a little high. After 3 blood pressure checks in 30 minutes, it was still too high for their liking and they chose to induce 2 weeks earlier than planned.

Everything was going okay, they gave me pitocin, and inserted the balloon and I started feeling contractions. I'm a wimp about pain so i wanted the epidural pretty quick. Thr anesthesiologist came in to talk about the risks and such and in the middle of him speaking, he stopped and looked at the monitors and asked my nurse if that was real. The doctor came in and checked to see if I had dilated any more and out of no where her entire hand went inside me and I screamed so loud. I asked for my phone to call my husband and i was only able to talk for 10 seconds before they wheeled me to the operating room. I had to have an emergency c section because the umbilical cord fell out and her head was crushing it causing it to cut off the blood supply and drop her heart rate.

After i woke up i immediately wanted to breastfeed and she did so well! It was truly terrifying but I'm so glad she's happy and healthy!

We're so happy and my 2 year old is in love with her! These past 7 weeks at home have been incredibly hard but it is so worth it!