So Frustrated

I finished school in March and have been searching for a job since. Several jobs have told me that I need experience, like how will I get experience if no one will hire me? I tried the post office and was denied that job because I've only been driving a year and apparently, in my state, I need 2yrs clean driving record.

Since my degree is in criminal justice, I took the correction officer trainee exam and parole officer trainee exam and passed both. I was given a list of places/ facilities hiring, however all are over 2hrs away. Now I honestly don't mind doing it but my husband and father in law, both mechanics, say my 16yr old truck cannot make that distance twice everyday. They told me to look out for vehicles on sale.

I've been looking but every car I bring up to my husband he shuts down. The first was $2500, he said it was too expensive. The others he said the repairs are too much and the last one which was less than $1000, he shut down by saying he's not thinking of buying a car now until after our trip to ga the end of July. The problem with that is, I know it's not about the trip. He's not buying a car for me because he wants to take one of the old cars that's been parked in his father's back yard.

He has 5 cars that were all in accidents, the one he wants me to take needs a new hood, radiator, left and right fenders, new tires, a muffler, a few different sensors, a paint job and some issues we don't know yet. Now, I know he can fix it, but the repairs alone costs more than that last car I mentioned, smh.

I honestly wish I was working already and have decided to take a position at our local target (if they're still hiring), just to help me fend for myself a bit.