Question for all my Hispanic women out there

How did you go about, if at all, doing things independently with your SO and telling your (also Hispanic) parent’s about it??

Just for some clarification. I’m 22, turning 23 in October and I still live with my parents. My SO is 21 and our 1 year anniversary is coming up at the end of August. We’ve been discussing what to do for awhile now but we’ve finally decided on getting a room in a nice beach town nearby. My boyfriend and I will be paying for everything ourselves, the only issue is figuring out how to go about telling my parents this will be happening. My parents are fairly strict— they always have been.

I specifically ask for the advice from other Hispanic women bc I feel like nobody else really knows how strict/protective our parents tend to be. I’m not trying to alienate anyone else, I’m just trying to ask a very specific question to a very specific group w an even more specific cultural background. If you know you know

Also should be noted, my parents have met him a few times now. Back in March he even came camping with us overnight.