Trisomy 18.

Madison • Evelyn Grace born April 5, 2016
EDIT: this post is from October of last year. We were in the five percent and after a hellish second trimester she ended up fine with mosaic placental trisomy 18. She doesn't have it at all. I appreciate the new comments but it's not relevant for me anymore. Thank you though ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Everything seemed to be going perfect. Not high risk at all. And then suddenly... We decide to do a screen. Mostly I was impatient and wanted to know the sex. But also we just wanted verification everything was going well. We expected no red flags. There was a red flag. Yesterday my doctor called and told me we had a flag as a positive for Trisomy 18. There is no life with this. There is elective termination or continue through it and hold my child while they die shortly after birth. We had to do diagnostics. They took a chunk of my placenta via a long scary needle. It hurt. A lot. We won't know for at least another week. The false positive rate for the screen they are saying is 80%-90%. There is only a 10%-20% chance it's a real positive. But all I can picture is doomsday. My boyfriend and I are absolutely terrified and I haven't stopped crying for more than a few hours. I just am so distraught. This isn't how it's supposed to be. I am supposed to have a beautiful healthy little baby girl. I am supposed to be called mommy. I'm seriously struggling. We can't know soon enough....