Would you touch a kid if they were actively attacking yours? **read description**

Mo

Here’s the exact scenario.

A child (say 6 years old) is attacking your defenseless toddler 1/3rd their size and age. Would you just get their parent/guardian even if they have a history to let behavior continue or would you take means necessary to protect your toddler? If you’re not a parent, what would you think is acceptable?

Backstory is this:

My sons cousin is going on 6 and is off the charts on size (like already going on 75lbs). He is extremely violent and has a history of beating up on my tiny 2 year old 30lbs son to the point we won’t let them together. Even if someone tries to stop his violence, he will direct it to the person trying to stop him. Hitting, punching, kicking. It’s really problematic and even after working with children for years, he’s one of the worst I’ve seen.

Well, we have been planning a family weekend getaway with some of my in-laws for 3 months, and when we’re leaving in the morning, they told us they’re bringing this kiddo! That wasn’t supposed to happen. Both my fiancé and I don’t want him around our 2 year old but at this point we’re already getting our tickets together and bags packed, etc.

So the thing is, they don’t see his behavior as a problem and they won’t defend my son from theirs. They let him do basically anything and everything. I was laying it out before we even leave and said I’ll step in if he attacks my son or I again, even if I have to knock him on his butt to do it (this kid will straight up kidney punch you and lay one in your face if he can get it). Me and my son will not be abused like that. I’m not going to hit your kid, kick your kid, etc. But I’ll take reasonable means to make him stop to protect my own.

In so many words they said they’d call the cops and get me put in jail no matter what they’d have to do. Um 😂

Honesty if my kid was attacking your baby and I’m not there, I would wouldn’t blame you for taking necessary means to make whatever is happening stop. Just like if I was attacking you.

**Big thing is I can grab my kid away but he comes after ME punching and kicking too and I’m actually not much bigger than him. He’s even chased us before.**

So... your thoughts? Would you step in and stop everything yourself or what? I am considering calling the entire trip off at this point so 🤷🏼‍♀️

Vote below to see results!