Bf with anxiety

Kate

So my bf has anxiety, he’s on medication and it’s mostly well contained. But there are a lot of days when it’s worse and he constantly asks for reassurance about his degree, his job, our relationship, and I’m happy to reassure him, I’m happy to be there for him and happy that I’m someone he feels he can be vulnerable and open with.

The biggest (and longest) difficulty we’ve had in our relationship was a while back when he felt I wasn’t putting any effort into the relationship and prioritising work over him (and in hindsight, I was, but it was also the result of a lot of poor communication on my part.)

We’ve made it past that and we’re really solid now, but I feel really bad because when we spend a lot of time together and it’s one of those times when he needs the reassurance, it’s pretty tiring for me, and at the end of it I just want to go home and be by myself.

I don’t know how to bring it up/talk about it without feeling like I’m prioritising myself over our relationship, or how to frame it without basically saying ‘it’s exhausting to be around you when you’re like this.’

Please advise 🙏