Mean people suck

Meghan

I just ran to Staples to get some ink and when I pulled into the parking spot I noticed that even though I was in the lines I was slightly crooked. I backed out and straightened out my car. When I got of my car I notice this older lady parked next to me giving me a dirty look. 🤷🏼‍♀️ She backs out and rolls down her windows and yells, “Not only do you not know how to drive but you’re too fat too get out of the car!” I yelled back, “I’m going to pray for you you ugly bitch.” (Yes I see the oxymoron in this... pretty dumb of me) So I am super self conscious about my weight. I just had a baby 2 months ago and am at my highest weight ever. I’m trying to get back to the gym but have been struggling with some post partum depression and having a hard time..... I imagine myself being quick enough to say something clever like, “ I see your soul is as ugly as your face” or “I’ll lose the weight but you’ll still be mean and ugly!” I guess I’m wondering if being mean really makes someone feel good? What is the appropriate response to a stranger who is so rude and mean? I’m not as upset with her as I am with my self for letting her get to me. I can’t stop crying ... literally 😭 Then my hubby tried to make me feel better by telling me I’m not THAT fat. Thanks 😩 I just needed to get that off my chest I guess. I am curious as to how others would’ve responded though...