Cheated on? / Mono infection...

*please don’t judge* read carefully

So I dated guy #1 for 6 months and we were very active/not always careful. Then I hooked up with guy #2 a week after breaking up with guy #1. We used protection and didn’t do oral. Three days later I had all the symptoms for mono (sore throat, white patches, extreme fatigue). I was worried so I went and got tested for strep and all other stds. Came back negative so yes, I did get mono (kissing disease). I’m thinking of going back for more tests since it may have been too soon to detect.

I thought I had gotten infected by guy #2 but the incubation period for mono is from 4-6 weeks so I really think I got it from guy #1. I felt like a complete idiot thinking it was my fault for having a hookup when in reality (I was extremely safe and) I got it from my long term bf. Thinking back on it he also had some symptoms for mono (fatigue, throat problems).

I had no idea that even existed. Now I’m stuck with a swollen lymph node in my groin and don’t know what to do about it. Any remedies??

Also take this as a lesson to check up on yourself even if you think your partner is being faithful 😐