Am I wrong?

Amanda

My boyfriend & I have been together for two years now and I really love him a lot and everyday we are growing together. His mom is very possessive over him and I am having a hard time with this. I am tired of her comments she makes to me, and I can only think it’s not going to get better when we have our own home and have kids together. A comment she made to me the other day “Only a real woman would tell you this, but in the first year of your relationship I was jealous of you and you taking my son away from me, but now, since it’s the second year I really like you.” and I was really bothered by this comment and still am. And she’s made other comments to me and he has talked to her about them and it’s not appropriate but she’ll never change and I’ve accepted that. It’s just can I deal with it forever if I ever marry my boyfriend? She’s called me “Did my son take you out to dinner with his nice big pay check yet?” since he got a new job. She can never call her son by his name ever, it’s always my son, my son this. And part of me understands some of this because she raised two boys and he is oldest and she looks at him like the “man of the house” but he is 21. I came into his life and we hang out at my house, we go to places and she doesn’t like it, which isn’t fair. He is allowed to grow up and meet new people and see new things. So I told him I can’t do this relationship because how will I know I can handle this for the rest of my life with you? People tell me to let her comments come in and out of my ear but it’s so hard to do that. It really is. I am very family oriented person, and it’s so hard to even have a dinner with her or wanting to come over without knowing she’ll make a smart comment to me.