Not our place or standing beside you

So I'm not sure how to word this but I'm going to give it my best shot. Just recently Amber Guyger was found guilty of murder in the fatal shooting of Botham Jean.

To make a long story short Amber Guyger, an off duty police officer yet uniformed, mistakenly entered the wrong apartment thinking it was hers and shot and killed Botham Jean who was sitting on his couch eating a bowl of ice cream. Many asked if Jean whom was black would have been shot if he was that of another ethnicity.

Anyways, a girl I went to school with shared the news article showing where Guyger was found guilty of murder and was saying it was great that she was being held accountable for her actions. I agree with what she posted. When I saw the list of people who liked the post all of them were that of a different ethnicity of myself. And it had me wondering, is it wrong of me to like it?

As in, this is a step forward for the black community that police are being held accountable for the vicious and unnecessary brutality. Am I stepping on toes or would it be viewed as me standing beside them in their fight for equality and justice.

I dont know if I worded this properly to get my point acrossed or not and apologize in advance if the way I'm thinking about it is confusing. Like I want to show my support without seeming like I know what they're going through because I dont at all. I dunno, I feel like this was just all over the place haha