Do you think the media should refrain from releasing someone being accused of a crime’s name and/or photo before they are actually found guilty of the crime?

🦋

TW⚠️ child being murdered discussed in this post ⚠️

This is a discussion I had earlier while online. A girl in a city outside of mine (literally about 45 mins away) has been arrested for killing her son. He was 10 months old when he passed. He passed away in May of this year but they are just confirming that she killed him. She told the authorities that when she woke up he was unresponsive & turns out she had suffocated him to death. She told her “boyfriend” (not the child’s father) about it recently & he came forward with the news to the police & she’s been arrested. The whole town is shook I know people who knew her personally. A few of her close friends feel like her name & photo shouldn’t have been released yet because she hasn’t been in front of a jury & gone to trial yet but she literally CONFESSED, I’m sorry but in this case I don’t think it matters nor do I think the media should refrain from exposing something like this. This girl literally sat online “depressed” about a child she killed fooling several people even had a go fund me account that raised over 4,000 dollars.

What are your thoughts?

Vote below to see results!