EX passed away recently

So honestly I had to come here just to vent. Recently i found out about 3 days ago that my ex bf killed him self. Me and him dated for only about 3 months and we ended on bad terms. This was maybe 2014? Since then I’ve been with my (now husband) for 5 years. But I’m pretty hurt that he’s gone now. Although we had a super rocky and toxic relationship we did have some good times and that’s the only thing I can think about honestly. I just feel so sad thinking of how empty and alone he must’ve felt right before taking his life. His funeral is this weekend which I’m not sure if I’ll attend because I just feel like itsnot my place. I want to express my feelings to my husband, we’ve briefly talked about it but I don’t want to keep bringing it up but I haven’t slept well since finding out and I just want to get rid of this feeling that I have!! I just don’t know how to shake this feeling... please any encouraging words or anything tips on how I can shake this feeling.. i feel like i should go to his viewing to say a final goodbye and show my respect but idk if that’ll help or make things worse for me...