In need of some wisdom from some boss women

Mo

In need of advice from boss women willing to help a girl out.

I am in a job dominated by women that cause drama, rumors, gossip etc. I used to be good friends with the main clique that is causing all the workplace issues and I see the error of my ways for ever being a part of a clique like that, but you live and you learn.

I am in need of some solid encouragement and advice about how to stay 100% professional around these people and not letting it get to me that they are constantly talking about other people and myself. Having had been close best friends with the leader of the clique for 6 years before we started working at this job and met the additional women of the clique, it’s hard because she knows all my darkest moment and weaknesses and uses that against me in a very sneaky passive aggressive way.

I want to be the bigger person, kind, professional, helpful and above reproach. But some days it makes me so sad to have to be around these people it wears on me. Please give me any advice about professionalism and how to put it into practice even when things get petty and personal.

And yes I intended for this not to be anon.