Postpartum anxiety

Hannah

I’m 9 weeks pp. I have had a touch of anxiety since my daughter was born. I was mainly worried about my BP being high. Then I was worried about it being low, then I was worried about my temp because I got mastitis, then I was worried about my heart rate. But it was all manageable. I was still enjoying life, but now I’ve been in panic mode for two weeks. Now I’m worried about my breathing, I’m aware of my breathing and it makes me feel like I’m not breathing right. I’m also now terrified to be alone for fear that something will happen to me and no one will be able to find me or what will happen to my kids. I’m scared to be alone during the day while my spouse is gone I literally count down the time until he comes home. I do everything I can to avoid being alone during the day. I have a therapist I see once a week and I go to a mom support group once a week. I’m now back doing hair 3 days a week. My dr put me on lexapro and that made everything worse. That was the worst 5 days of my anxiety on that medicine. That’s when I became conscious of my breathing. I have break through periods of where I feel ok. I was prescribed Xanax as needed but I’m really avoiding taking it unless I absolutely have to. I also have CBD oil. I’m not sleeping well I’m not eating well. With my oldest I feel like I was like this for almost a year and a half. Does anyone else feel like this? I’m practicing talk therapy with myself. I feel like I can’t enjoy my daughters at all. I want to be happy and feel normal again and not be scared to be at home... I don’t want take an everyday medication bc this didn’t start until after I had my daughter... i think it’s a hormonal imbalance not a chemical imbalance.. if that makes sense.. can anyone provide their experiences or insight, I don’t want this to last a year and half this time. I feel like I’m equipped with the tools I need and I’m being proactive this time...