Was I in the wrong with the mother I law

So Im 34 weeks pregnant now but I booked an early gender scan at 16 weeks I was only allowed so many people there so I invite my uncle and auntie and there children because they are like my 2nd parents and there children are like my brother and sister anyway I invite my partners mum and sister and my mum and sister but I didn't have enough space to invite his little brothers and plus it was a late scan his parents are stricked so I didn't think they would be allowed anyway well his mum got all rude about it and said she automatically thought they was invited and now she can't go because no one to look after them ( there dad was home that night) so I tried calling the scan place to see if I could add just 2 more people they said no.. so on the day we picked up his sister ( btw his sister is older then my partner and has a son) and went.. well the mum was fuming that I didn't remind her and she didn't even know what day it was ( when I texted her saying date and time) got back and she was in the bath so my partner went to go tell her and she was crying and didnt want to know the sex of her granchild then came down stairs started having a go at me saying I put her family last and why didn't I remind her she would have sent one of the little brothers.. i said sorry about 1000% times but she totally ruined the night ..me and my partner was so happy to announce it was a girl because this is the first girl in his family for years but she didnt even want to know finally she got over her self and wanted to know so we told her and she was happy but to me she totally ruined it.. i didnt even want to tell her in the end but anyway was I in the wrong or was she

... i got excited and invited people I thought would be happy to go and who I wanted there plus his family hasnt been the best may I add...