Relationship help PLEASE

Olivia

I have been in and out of a relationship with my boyfriend for about 3 and 1/2 years. About 2 years ago, he left me because “he didn’t love me anymore”. We were apart for about 4 months and I was with other people during that time. Well when he came back saying he’d like to try again, he came with all these rules and stipulations. I dealt with it from January 2019- March 2020. Then I left him when he refused to change. I moved out and back in with my mother. During that time we were still communicating and hanging out. I felt so so much better while we weren’t together. Well he came to me for the first time saying “I realize how I treated you was wrong” and blah blah blah. Well here we are 5 months later and we’re back to the same thing. Control control control. I know I should leave. I do. I guess this isn’t even asking a question of should I leave him, but more of a cry for help and support. I am so ready to experience freedom again.

******edit *****

I must also mention his reasoning is based on things I did while we weren’t together.