Bra Size Help!!

Kristen

Ladies I'm in need of some help. I've recently went on the excursion (it feels that way) of finding me a new bra. Currently I am a 42 DDD with an extension to give me more room. Currently my bra rides up my back and my breasts like to pop out under the wire if I've really been moving around. My husband has helped measure me by a walk through from Lane Bryant to be resized (we'd go somewhere to get me resized but any of those places are about and hour and a half or more). When he measured he got 48 DDD. So I ordered my new bras in that size. Thinking the band is bigger and since I wear a DDD anyway that I would be fine. The band fits perfect sits where it's supposed to and doesn't move (it is a tad bit loose). However, the cups are WAY too big. I could fit like half another boob in each cup. My husband remeasured me and says maybe look into going a band size smaller (47) and going down two cups sizes (from DDD to just a D). You all I've had a time just trying to find the right bra size and not having to use a bra extender. Should I size down to the 47 D? This would be especially helpful for people to answer who work at a place that is used to plus size women. I'm just so frustrated. I am thankful to my soul that my husband is really trying to help. Help a sister out, please?!