SLEEP SOS

Alice

Ladies I've almost had it 😭 does anyone have any remedies for getting back to sleep once you've woken up? I'm not finding it super difficult to fall asleep intiislly (usually within an hour which I'm accepting) but around 2-3am when I have to get up to pee I'm awake for HOURS again.

I don't turn any lights on etc when I get up, don't look at my phone or anything, just stumble to the bathroom and back to bed again but as soon as I'm back in bed I'm wide awake (yet simultaneously incredibly tired).

I'm really struggling with the sleep deprivation and I know it's only going to get worse when bub arrives. I'm still working full time so I need to get good sleep so I can function at work. Currently I'm drifting off to sleep again around 6am and then my alarm goes off at 7 so I'm running on maybe 4 hours sleep every night.

They don't have unisom in Australia as far as I've been able to research, and I can't take melatonin. Like I said it doesn't seem to be the initial falling asleep that gets me but it's once I wake up (and then baby wakes up and kicks me for hours as well!)

Does anyone have any advice if you've experienced this and what you do? I try ALL positions and honestly usually end up falling asleep on my back at 6am but by 7 when the alarm goes off I'm aching.

- struggling FTM.