Waiting to miscarry…visiting family

Rachael

Sorry for the long post I just needed to get it out

12 days ago I found out my pregnancy was probably not viable, my Dr was certain enough and confirmed yesterday that I will miscarry. I had a MMC earlier this year. So I’ve already been processing the loss over the last week and a bit.

Last week, we were visiting my parents - so were a couple of my siblings and their kids. My mom was a Dr (now retired), so I shared with her what was going on. She was able to help me process, took me for my bloodwork, deflected people’s questions when I retreated to my room for quiet time, etc. My family has dealt with loss - including infant and late term pregnancy. So is very respectful, they don’t get overly excited about pregnancy, and are supportive around anxiety in pregnancy and TTC challenges. I will be sharing with my siblings one on one what was going on with me once I’ve completed the miscarriage. I know I will get nothing but support.

My husbands family is a different story. There is SO MUCH pressure. There are no grandkids, even with the cousins. So the struggles and sensitivity around fertility and pregnancy loss are not there. We’ve not told my MIL about our previous miscarriage, as we think this would only increase the pressure from her. This weekend his uncle is having a family weekend at the cottage. Thankfully my MIL decided not to come, cause I wouldn’t be able to handle her right now. We’ve had a couple of comments/questions asking us about plans for kids… all while I’m sitting here starting to get minor cramping waiting for my body to start to process the miscarriage. I’m hoping those questions are done for the weekend now or I might break down.

I know I should have asked my husband if we could skip. But he was so excited to see his family, so I wanted to give him that time and support - as I got time with my family last week. I just want to curl up in the sun with my book and by anti-social for the rest of the weekend. I don’t know how I can pull it off. I just need to find a way to make it to Monday.