TTC after stopping mini-pill (Desogestrel)

Ni

Hey all! I am completely new to this - I’m usually a binge reader and never post, but I thought it was about time.

After years of discussion (me being ready and my partner unsure) my partner is ready to become a Dad, and we decided to start TTC!

I’ve read a lot of info about people’s experiences coming off the combined pill, but can find very little about what happens when you come off the mini-pill.

My partner is in the military, and the last time he was away I ran out of pills and struggled to get more because of Covid restrictions. He was away for a while so it wasn’t a drama, and my cycle came around at 40 days, (I usually hover between 28-40). I also stopped taking them a few years ago when he was away, just for a bit of a break, with no real delay in AF returning.

I started taking it again a few weeks before he came back, and then after a month of retaking them, that’s when we decided to get me off them and just “see what happens”.

I’ve read a lot about post pill amenorrhea with the combined pill but struggling again to find much on Desogestrel.

I’m now on cycle day 55, I’ve had two FRERs neg, clear blues with what I THINK are evap lines, I feel weird, and my cheapy test shows neg. I’m pretty sure I’m not, but my lack of AF is driving me bananas.

I understand it’s a waiting game and I need to have patience. I’m not in a great rush, we’ve only just started trying, or should I say stopped trying NOT to… I’d just like to know what’s going on with my body/cycle.

Can anyone share their experiences with me?