Is adoption unethical? - Take 2

lk 🇨🇦🇺🇲 • Take a risk: be kind.

Knowing how difficult it is to resurrect older posts, I thought I would do this as a second take on the adoption post that was under discussion earlier this week.

A childhood friend of mine, who is adopted, shared the below post on social media, as well as her thoughts on how it gave her insight on a sense of abandonment she has felt her entire life but couldn't explain, despite having very loving adoptive parents, siblings, and a whole extended family who have never made her feel anything other than loved and completely accepted and wanted. She was adopted as a baby and is in her mid-40s now. She and her husband also have two foster children with them now.

I think this is so important and really highlights why it's important that we give adopted and foster children room to talk about their experience, their feelings, and their struggles. They should be heard.

In many cases, I don't think adoption is unethical, but that doesn't mean it doesn't come with real problems or cause unintended issues.

Does reading this change your perspective at all? If so, how? If not, why?