Husbands got jokes 😡

Carla

We have 3 kids, the first was a surprise but we planned the other two. But my husband FREQUENTLY jokes about being envious of single coworkers, how no one should WANT to have kids, and that he never wanted/planned on kids.

I told him on our second date I wanted 5 kids (not anymore though lol). When I told him about being pregnant with our first he said "I love you". But we've had serious conversations, he says most men don't want kids but do it for the wife. He loves his kids, but he never wanted kids. I bawled and he never understood why that bothered me.

This evening, our 16 year old son says something along the lines of no one should have kids, you can never do what you want if you have them and he's never having them. My husband AGREES while I'm sitting in the backseat next to our 2 year old. How can someone basically tell their own child they don't want children when they have 3?!

Here's the kicker. When we get home and he asked what's wrong I explain it's not the first, second, third, fourth, or fifth time he's joked about not wanting kids and it's a slap in the have EVERYTIME. He says "I'm sorry, I didn't realize it hurt you. I just thought it was something we disagreed on."