Labor and delivery choices

Megan
I'm 36.5 weeks and feel very confident in my body and the birth process. I initially wanted a home birth but couldn't find a cnm in my area that did them. So, we chose a freestanding birth center, the only in the area. All along I've been moderately happy with it and knowing my other choice is hospital it felt OK being there. Now at 36 weeks I'm in tears after talking about my birth plan at my appointment. I REALLY do not want a cervical check and they will not admit me without one to "prove" I'm in active labor. Their reasoning has nothing to do with the health of me or baby and just so I won't be there too long. I almost cried bc I know how uncomfortable this makes me and it will stall my labor. They only won't check me if I'm already pushing. So that's telling me "wait until you may birth your baby in the car and then come here if you don't want to be checked".  I felt my concerns wernt taken seriously and honestly felt the midwife was annoyed with me asking. In addition, a week before full term I'm still meeting new midwives that could be at my birth, even at a hospital you typically have YOUR doc at your birth. I may have a stranger! Lastly, I asked that baby not be wiped off and not have a hat after birth and they act like these things aren't really my choice either. Wtf is the point of a birth center?! And how am I the first person to request these things at a natural birth center(they sure acted like these were strange questions). I seriously left crying. I just feel like I should be able to listen to my body and wipe my own baby off after birth. I'm just so upset and wish I could switch to a home birth at nearly 37 weeks.