The day I felt my heart for the first time 💙

Ashley
Nothing went as planned but the end result was perfection. Our first born Lucas Nikolai Perez was brought into the world via Emergancy c section August 18th 2016 at 4:27pm weighing 8lbs 1oz measuring 19" long. He is perfect, healthy, and absolutely gorgeous in every way. Here's our birth story. 
I was due August 8th and after speaking to the doctor we decided because Lucas was getting bigger and if I wanted to delivery vaginally it may be smart to get the ball rolling soon. Our doctor suggested we check into the hospital and start pitocin. 
Tuesday August 16th 2016 6pm: we checked into the hospital. By 7pm we started the cervidil. I was dilated 1cm and 0% effaced. We went through the entire night with no changes. By 6am it was time to start the pitocin. Within 15 minutes I could tell things were getting more intense. I could feel the contractions and it started to get real. By noon we were up to 20 on the pitocin drip. This went on until 5pm. They checked me again and I was only 2cm dilated and maybe 20% effaced. Not enough movement to get started so we stopped the pitocin and did another night of cervidil. I was able to shower, have dinner and rest a couple hours. By 1am the contractions got so intense I was starting to reconsider my plan for no pain meds. After talking to the nurse we decided on a light additive to help me sleep. I knew if we were doing another full day of pitocin I needed some rest. This helped for about an hour and then my water broke on its own and the real fun started. Contractions were 1-2 minutes apart and stronger than I expected. I used breathing techniques and mediation as long as I could. By 9am I had an epidural. I was disappointed I couldn't hold out and stick to my plan of no pain meds but at that point I was beyond exhausted and it was just the relief I needed. I was able to rest and let the pitocin do its job. We checked all throughout the day with little progress. Around 4pm the doctor checked one final time and my uterus was very swollen. I had dilated 8cm and was fully effaced. The babes head was right there but the doctor said I couldn't push because of the swelling. It may cause a hemorrhage or worse. He said were going to deliver him c section. By 4:27 our prince was born. Healthy and happy. Mom and baby doing just perfect. Although nothing went as planned at the end of the day our perfect baby boy was in our arms. Our hospital experience was incredible and we wouldn't change a thing if we had to do it all over again.Â