Meet Aurora Grace💕

na
Meet Aurora Grace Rodriguez💕 my beautiful girl was born on January 5, 2017 at 10:18 am. Here is my story......
January 4th, 2017
I was scheduled to be induced on this day at 37 weeks due to an aging placenta (has been at grade III since 34 weeks) as well as high blood pressure issues. 
My wonderful SO and I had arrived at the hospital to begin the induction process at 7:30 am. They officially began at around 8:30. Prior to induction, I had been 1 1/2 cm dilated and 40% effaced. We began the induction process with a gel tablet that only dilated my cervix to 3 cm over the course of 4 hours. We tried another gel tablet and after 4 hours, still nothing. At this point I was getting very discouraged and I was in a lot of pain. Around 10:00 pm the doctor suggested we try a medicated strip to dilate my cervix. This strip caused the WORST contractions a women could have. I notified the nurse as soon as they came that whenever I am allowed the epidural to please give it to me. I wanted to misunderstanding as to whether or not I wanted it. The nurse checked my cervix several times throughout the night and still my cervix was not dilating enough. I tried sleeping through my contactions and would fall asleep for a couple minutes and wake up in pain from a contraction for the next minute. It was torture. They only thing that was helping me through it was my controlled breathing and my wonderful man at my side holding my hand and running to my side each time a contraction started. During this time the nurse had stopped checking my cervix and I just laid in the worst pain for hours. 
January 5th, 2017 at 7:30 am
The very moment the next new nurse had started her shift and before she had even gotten a chance to introduce herself, my water had broken! I popped right up from my unbearable sleep and shouted "my water broke!" I looked at the nurse and said "please do whatever you can to get me out of pain! I am in so much pain!!" She checked my cervix and I was EIGHT CENTEMETERS DILATED!!! I was so upset! I could have gotten my epidural so much sooner!! It felt like an hour until my epidural came. My SO agreed it felt like it was taking so long. He said he was so scared because he saw my head soaked in sweat and thought I was going to die. I kept looking in his eyes and he took deep breaths with me which made me feel so much better. It took about 15 minutes from the time my water broke and the anesesiologist had come to give me my epidural. He kept telling me "okay your going feel some pain and some pressure here" while he was putting in my epidural and I assured him what he was doing back there was nothing at all compared to the pain my contractions were causing. Once I had the epidural, everything else was a breeze. I fell asleep and the doctor woke me up when I was at 10 cm to tell me we were going to start pushing. My SO was in the shower and I had the nurse go knock on the door to tell him it's go time. Once he was out, the nurse explained his role in helping me push and explained we'd be pushing between contactions. We did one practice pushed and once it was over he looks at the nurse and says "wait do I have time to brush my teeth?" The nurse couldn't tell whether or not he was serious. He was. He went to brush his teeth real fast and came back at 10:05 ready to help. We started pushing at 10:05 and baby girl was out by 10:18. These past 4 days have been wonderful with her and we are so in love. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. 💕