I need to vent about my MIL

M

Ok, so I have a good relationship with my MIL and also get along well with my husbands side of the family, we talk all the time and they have always been very nice to me. I come from a spanish family, specifically dominican and they have tons and tons of old wives tales for everything to give you an example the latest one from my MIL "Oh, you should throw a dirty baby diaper on top of your roof to keep the baby from getting an upset stomach in the future". Like really, what the hell kinda crap is that??! Well I just gave birth to our first baby girl and my MIL Is driving me nuts. She thinks that her way is always best. From the baby, to cooking, to even cleaning my house. I like to do things in a certain way and my husband and I understand each other, we don't expect the other to do things if we can't for some reason, like cooking and cleaning and that sort of rhing. Usually in my culture women are though to be the servers to our men, you could be dying and have two broken legs and that dinner better be served on the table when that man comes home from work, that's just always been how I was raised. Well I don't believe in any if that crap. Both men and women are equal and my husband works and I do also, we just work it out as best we can. Sometimes we eat out, sometimes he makes me food or the other way around. Since this is my first week home after delivering baby she has been insisting that she wanted to come and "help out" I know what that usually means when she comes over. She has to ask about everything and put her 2 cents for everything as well. She just arrived today and she's already asking about scrubbing some stained pots I have, and telling me a million things about the baby care, at one point I was carrying her and she came and took her from my hands because she was crying. She's supposed to be here for a week and I really don't know how I'm going to survive. Another thing, and by no means do I intend to offend anyone by this but she smokes very heavily and she smells like a ash tray and even though she goes outside to do it it still stays on her clothes. Now with my newborn I don't want all that smoke smell around her. I told my husband to say something, but she just doesn't get it. I am seriously just annoyed and really didn't want her coming here, it stresses me me out more than does me any help. I only agreed to her coming because I didn't want to make my husband feel bad, but I can't wait for her to leave. Does this make me a bad person for feeling this way about her?

**thanks ladies for responding, it feels good having people who understand and just being able to say what I feel to someone during this time has been a lot of help. I was almost ready to explode before I wrote this post.