one day is all I need...

Sarah • Working mom
I have 4 kids. I've been changing diapers for 7 years with no break in between. I work, my husband works. I can't keep up with laundry or the apartment. We are all crammed in a 2 bedroom apartment. We keep finding out about random debts my ex put in my name and have been trying to dig ourselves out just to buy a house.
I just need one day.
My kids constantly fight and do things they know are naughty. I pay the sitter every paycheck and feel like a horrible mom to not be there when my 2 year old makes leaping strides in her speech or the baby starts crawling. I want to cry cause time is moving to fast I can't catch simple moments with my babies or have a day as a family cause my husband and I have opposite days off to save on child care costs.
I just need one day.
I have no energy to cook meals or fold laundry. I can't even make the bed. I get home at 10:30 at night after picking up the kids and put them to bed after their hard day of play. I'm exhausted but I have to wait up until close to midnight to pick the love of my life up from the bus station cause he works an hour away and only the van is working right now.
I just need one day.
One day to spend as a family again. One day to cry it all out and pick myself up again. One day to not cover up the cracks in my facade, the smile I fake for those kids that I love so much. One day to sleep in and nap all day.
Can't I just have one day?