Can't get over him

I met him online and after two months I flew across the country and we finally met in person and was with him for a week. A month later the inevitable happened and I couldn't contain my distrust any longer (he was very manipulative, didn't seem honest, and always had other females around hitting him up when I was with him) so of course this came to my attention after I had already developed feelings. But once I brought it up he became very hostile and just mean. We ended things badly and haven't spoke since. So it's been three months, he got a new girlfriend within a week of ended things which really doesn't help him prove that I'm the "bad guy" in all of this. So all I'm saying is this consumes my mind every single day. I've been trying to get over it, I immediately cut off all communication as soon as I found out he's seeing someone new but today I saw a picture of them on social media and I just started bawling. I really don't know why, I don't know why it hurts so bad. I wasn't in love with him, we never had sex, I don't know what it is but everyday it kills me. And when it isn't something reminds me of him and then it does again. I don't know how to get over this I'm constantly in an upset mood and I pray to god that I'll wake up and not care. Not to get back with him, not that he suffers what I suffer, not that I meet someone new, just that I won't give a damn. I shouldn't even care, I knew he wasn't good for me.