Pregnant with IUD 😳

Meghan

I had a Paragard copper 10 year IUD put in 4 years ago. And last week I was expecting my period. My nipples were tender, my boyfriend was getting on my nerves (which is always a sign), and I was bloated. Every day I expected it but it didn't happen. I thought...there is no fucking way I could be pregnant. I mean I have a friend who got pregnant with her IUD in but I just thought she was super fertile. So 11 days late, I get a pregnancy test and tell my boyfriend to not worry because that would be insane if I was pregnant. I took the test. Positive. I immediately started crying. I am in a committed relationship...we have talked about marriage and children but in years to come...not right now. I went to work, acted like a kid in high school counting down the minutes until I got off, bought three more tests. All positive. Went to the doc today (Saturday)....she confirmed it. She said that maybe my IUD fell out. She checked...nope! Snug as bug up there! I go in Monday to get an ultrasound and then get my IUD removed which could effect the pregnancy. I don't really know why I'm posting this. I guess just to say it happens and that I'm scared and not ready and kind of feel guilty because I don't feel as happy as maybe I should feel. I'm 32 which is a pretty alright age to get pregnant I suppose. Maybe I'm a little pissed that I thought that somehow with an IUD I'd have a say in when I would have my first child. And now that's taken away. I feel rushed. My boyfriend and I have been together less than a year and I felt like we were just solidifying our relationship. And we'd have time to build our bond and experience life together. And now we're just rushed into potential parenthood. But I also know that if the pregnancy doesn't take...that I'll be heartbroken. I apologize for rambling. I guess I'm just trying to work out my emotions. Thanks for reading.