My Mother in Law is Drowning Me

Lauren

My husband and I have been married for 3 years now. We lived with his parents when we were engaged to save money for the wedding. She was extremely controlling and manipulative while we were living with her. She constantly insulted me and tried getting my husband to leave me. (In a gentle, loving way of course 🙄😡) She's an undercover bitch and is a pro at hiding it. Anyways, after we got married and moved out, it took a while, but our relationship really improved. Over three years we got extremely close and I loved her like my own mother. Everything was perfect!!!

We moved to Florida with my husbands parents in April to be closer to the rest of his family. We stayed with them for about three months until we found jobs and a place of our own and she reverted back to her same ways. Now that we've moved out, she seems like she resents me for "taking her baby away" again 🙄. We're expected to go over her house at least 3 times a week, if not 7 days a week if she could help it. Every time we go over there, she has multiple back handed comments waiting for me as soon as I walk in the door. She pressures us and calls/texts us every single day to come over and It's always my fault if we don't. I "don't want to be apart of them family" and I "don't understand how a real family works". I just feel like I'm drowning. I have a full time job and two dogs to take care of. It's bad enough that they're home alone for the 8 hours of the day when I'm at work. My husband is a car salesman and works more than full time.

My husband says I'm overthinking and causing myself the anxiety. He doesn't hear the backhanded comments because coincidentally, he's never in the room!

What would you guys say/do??? I feel like I'm outnumbered. And I'm going to lose my mind.