Has anyone ever said something racist or yelled at you for liking/being with someone of the opposite race?

R

I've had racist things said to me and I've had people talk racistly about somebody else to me. I even had it where I was unable to date a guy anymore because his mom didn't like that I was white. It never really bothered me cause it came from people I either didn't really know or care about, but today my friend brought up a guy I liked and her mom asked to see his picture. (I've known them for 15 years and they are like a second family to me) Well I showed her a picture of him (he's black). And she went off and started yelling at me for liking a black guy. I stood up for myself and my friend jumped in and told her mom off, but it really hurt me that someone I cared about would say such horrible and ignorant things like that. I always thought that it wouldn't bother me if people I cared about said things like that because it's my life and it's who I love and want to be with and if their ignorance gets in the way of that then they obviously don't care about me and don't deserve to be in my life. But it just hurt me she would say such shitty things to me just because she doesn't agree.

Vote below to see results!