Dealing with anxiety

I’ve had anxiety for as long as I can remember. Earlier this year I started going to a therapist who has been helping me find ways to cope with it.

Almost three weeks ago, my boyfriend of over 2 years broke up with me and one of the reasons was that my anxiety bothers him and he couldn’t put up with my anxious personality anymore.

I’m really heartbroken because I thought I was doing better with it and now my anxiety is worse than I think it’s ever been. I never thought he’d hold it against me because he always spoke like he was happy I was getting the help I need and wanted to support me.

I miss him a lot and my anxiety is preventing me from feeling like I can move on from this. I’ve told myself that I deserve to be with someone who will support me no matter what, but it doesn’t stop me from overthinking about what I have lost.

I’m trying to focus on myself, but it’s easier said than done. I’ve been to my therapist, and that helps for a little while but then I’ll have a dream about him and it’s back to square one again.

Does anyone have any advice for coping with a break up while dealing with anxiety?