Just need to vent 😢

Karina

My husband is in the military and we have a 6 year old, 3 year old and 8 day old. He was gone for my entire pregnancy I saw him 8 days during my pregnancy, and he just left again yesterday after being home for 16 days for the birth of our daughter. I suppose that during those 9 months I got used to being alone and things weren’t as hard as they were when he first left, but now that he was home and we were a “normal” family for 16 days my soul is shattered because he’s gone again. I feel like I can’t do this, I feel so so alone, but I have to be strong for our kids and have faith that it won’t be like this for long even if I don’t know when we will see each other again. I miss hearing our truck pull up to the driveway, miss hearing him walking up the stairs to our bedroom, I miss tripping over his combat boots that he always leaves in the middle of the bedroom, I miss seeing his dirty clothes next to the laundry basket, I miss texts like “im outside” “are you ready?” “Do you need anything else from the store?” I miss the normality of our “old” life....I even miss being dragged to the gun store, but most importantly I miss his touch, his smile, our arguments, laughing together, holding his hand, touching his face and the way he looks at me and tells me “I love you mama, everything will be okay.” So please hold your spouses a little closer tonight, curl up to them at night and enjoy their embrace. ❤️

Thank you so much for all the love and support 💕 I really was not expecting this, it made me realize that I’m truly not so alone after all. I may not be with the love of my life, but this too shall pass and it won’t be like this for long. I feel blessed because I get to stay home and watch our kids grow, my husband is the one who is truly making the ultimate sacrifice; I am so proud of him. I loved reading all your experiences, whether it be military or a different job. Thank you again for all the support, definitely made me feel so much better 💜