Toddler bed success!

Martha • Mom of two incredible little boys!

I was planning on waiting until our son was 18 months to switch to a toddler bed to give him two months to transition before his sibling is born. But two nights ago I caught him climbing the crib so I figured it was time to give it a try (mainly because he’s been sleeping so well since he was 7 weeks old. He goes to bed and naps with zero fuss). Two days and it has been a complete success! He was so exited to be able to get in and out bed. We removed all of his toys and put them in his play room, made sure all the gates upstairs were locked, and double checked to make sure there was nothing he could get into if he got out of bed. So far he doesn’t even get out! I walk him over to his bed at nap time/bed time and he crawls into bed and rolls over. I’ll give him a sippy cup, kiss him goodnight and watch him on the baby monitor and he just rolls over and goes to sleep! This morning he let me sleep in and played with his stuffed animals like he usually does. When I opened the door and held my hand out he got off the bed on his own. I think I got lucky! He’s sleeping GREAT in his toddler bed! It’s also a lot easier to let him crawl into bed by himself! I’m so excited!