Frustrated with my MIL/Vent

Cadlynne • Cohen Archer💕

I am pregnant with my first. Unplanned, and although I have been unhappy and depressed my husband is over the moon excited. Long story short she had 3/4 kids while she was in high school or just graduating and all in a bad relationship. My husband and I have been together 4 years, he has a stabile job, and in every other aspect we’re fine to raise a child. She has been back and forth “supportive” but then makes sure to let me know that basically what we’re doing is wrong because medically I have a lot of stuff I need to figure out ( I’m welllllll aware of ) and I haven’t been to college yet.

This weekend she came to visit and probably the first actual conversation we had was about birth control and how I need to be on it. So she starts going on about what kinds there are and what’s the best. I go on to tell her I’ve pretty much tried them all and I do not want anything but the copper IUD because let’s face it, with birth control I am a crying, hormonal, psycho & nobody wants any of that. The first IUD I got came out, but I told her I was planning to and willing to try it again. She assumes I’m not planning to go on birth control at all & She gets frustrated and we get off the topic because she’s not getting the answer she wants ?? ( I guess )

So today she sends me a great article on permanent birth control.

How many times or ways can I tell someone that I do not want to be pregnant ever again and that I am GOING ON BIRTH CONTROL?!

I’m just..... 😒🙄😤😑🤯

PS. Make me feel better and post some of your in law horror stories below.