Am I being an asshole?

Marissa

So I have a 6 month old baby girl, my in laws brought a family friend to their home to be on hospice and is dying of stage 4 cancer. They’re doing something great for someone that takes a lot of selflessness. I go up there often with the baby to visit but they just got told yesterday they think the family friend will pass in the next 48 hours because he has the “death rattle” in his chest. My husband called me today to say he was going up there with the baby. Am I an asshole because I don’t want the baby up there right now? I believe a lot of spiritual stuff happens during death and it’s an emotional sad time up there. I know the baby will make them feel better but I just really don’t want her around it right now. Am I crazy? I just don’t want him dying with her there and there being a body. It’s just weird to me to take the baby there right now. Anyone else feel like I’m right or am I a nutcase lol? I don’t want to be mean but I don’t want her around that energy.

Update* I guess I should explain this family friend was actually my FIL coworker who became ill and was put in a nursing home. They’ve cared for him until now and just brought him to their house two weeks ago. We just met him for the first time last week. So this isn’t someone we really know or the baby has had any interaction with.