It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Lydia • mom of 👦🏽 🧒🏼 • married 💍 • lover of tea 🍵 • 2 👼🏽 👼🏽 babies

AF is due tomorrow but I guess she won’t be rearing her ugly head! After 6 months we finally got our BFP! Here are my suggestions:

-Take it easy. Seriously. I remember one month I over analyzed EVERY symptom and took 10+ pregnancy tests. I deemed myself a little coo coo and said never again.

-Stop temping. 🙅🏽‍♀️ (If you can) That stressed me out more than anything. If I woke up in the middle of the night I would worry myself sick with making sure I went back to sleep in time to get the 3+ hrs needed (more times than not that led to me staring at the ceiling for hours) and threw myself out of wack. I understand temping to get an idea of what your body does but after you do, put it on pause.

-Buy the $25 pack of OPK and pregnancy tests off of Amazon and track your cycle. I tracked my cycle for 3 months to gain a better understanding and stopped after that. My cycles are 33 days long and I usually ovulate cd 18-19.

-Lift those hips girl. 💁🏽‍♀️ We BD’d every day of my fertile week up until the day I ovulated and hey if this is TMI oh well but I’m tryin to make a baby here so I slid a towel underneath, propped them hips, and went to sleep.

-Take prenatals. They don’t need to be fancy, they all do the same thing. I’ve been taking the $8 ones from Walmart.

-Have fun!!! Eat, drink, and be merry! I had a few glasses of wine during my TWW because I’m all about letting things falls where they may and have read that it doesn’t cause any harm as the placenta has not formed.

After 4 years, my IUD came out in May of 2017 and we started trying immediately after. We knew that it could take some time to fall pregnant so I took the time and learned about my body and my cycles and honestly had the best time doing that.

My normal pms symptoms are a headache 3 days out and tender breasts 5 days out and I didn’t have either one. I also had the TINIEST amount of implantation bleeding that made me even question whether it was that or not. Like it was some slightly discolored looking CM tiny amount that was gone right after I wiped.

Something told me to go take a test today and I’m so happy I did! I first took one with the HCG test that come with the OPK pack and I got a faint line so I immediately followed up with FRER. Our due date is 8/2018 and my birthday is 8/9. My younger self was always leary of giving birth on my birthday but I wouldn’t mind one bit if I did.

I haven’t shared the news with my husband yet as I want to do something creative to tell him.

Baby dust to all of you beautiful ladies out there, your time will come!