Quick and Not so Smooth

Cj • ennister

November 15, early in the morning, I woke up with contractions and since I'm 38 weeks pregnant that time, I just ignored it 'cause it is "normal". It went on the whole day!

I convinced hubby to take some fun pregnancy photos

and I even did some easy house work.

9 am, I started timing my contractions. Since I used to do that, it's normal for me. From 30 minutes apart, to 15, to 10, I assumed everything was normal cause it's my first pregnancy. How would I know, right?

7 pm, everything starts hurting. I was too tired, too grumpy, too loud. I don't know what's happening. 9 pm, we decided to go to the hospital 'cause I feel it coming.

Contractions was 5 minutes apart and my doctor said it's the sign that I'm going to give birth. I was sent home after checking the dilation. I was only 1 cm dilated that time. Since our house was near, approximately 10 minutes away by feet, I told hubby to just walk home. I would stop every 2-4 steps because contractions are too strong.

We stayed at home for 5 more hours and I was getting grumpier. I was shouting and tossing and turning. Hubby didn't know what to do.

Minutes before 3 am, we went back to the hospital. I was 8 cm dilated and my water won't break!

Past 3, I was sent to the delivery room. Nurses just sat there, instructed me to push silently. I was frustrated! I wanna get it out already. I was shouting and they are telling me that it wont help me.

Finally, they stood up when my waters broke and the head is already crowning. 3:46 am, they placed my baby on my tummy and did what they're supposed to. They took him after to measure everything.

My baby was too pale with bright red lips. They thought something was wrong and they even questioned me about vitamins and supplements that I took while I'm pregnant.

Baby was diagnosed with meconium stain which is unbelievable because my baby was 2 weeks ahead of his estimated due date. He needed two types of antibiotics for a week. It hurts me everytime they poke my baby's skin with needles. They would let the needle go fully through his skin when my baby's muscle is only half a centimeter (the needle is an inch long).

After a day, we thought we'd be discharged already cause papers are already fixed but we forgot one thing! The newborn screening early that morning. With that, we were forced to stay for a day more.

After 3 long days without knowing what is happening in the outside world, we went home tired. The pain if labor is only when everything's hurting but when he's already in your arms, all you remember is the days with him together.

How time flies by so fast. He's two days here.

He's already 26 days here.

Too fast little one. Mommy and Daddy's gonna cherish every moment while you're still our baby boy❤