My friend committed suicide last night.

Devyn was one of the kindest, most beautiful souls I’d ever met. From the first days we started texting and through the few months we went to school together, she was nothing but nice to me. She was the first friend I made at my new school . When I ate lunch at the cafeteria, she would sit beside me and listen to my favorite music with me even though it wasn’t anything she actually listened to. She had a bright smile and a funny laugh. She made others around her happy and never put anyone down. She was a true blessing to everyone who got the chance to know her. Her and I weren’t ever close, but her being my first friend in a new place meant the world to me and I will never forget how welcome she made me feel. She accepted everyone for who they were. After I moved away we stopped talking except for the occasional message back and forth, and I wish it had been more than that. Devyn was an amazing person and I will never forget her. I got the news from another friend who lives in the same town. I’m not sure how to react to all of it. It broke my heart when I heard the news because never in a million years did I think she would take her own life. She was always happy and it never looked like anything was wrong. She left behind an older brother and sister, her younger sister, her mom and dad, her softball and basketball family, and all of her other friends and family. I still just can’t wrap my head around it. It also upsets me because in the few months when we did get to talk and see each other, I was struggling with self harm and suicidal thoughts and she would talk to me about it. My chest aches and I just can’t believe she’s gone.

R.I.P. - Devyn Hope🧡

Gone but never forgotten, fly high sweet girl.