I was called a N**ger lover. EDIT!!!

My husband and I are a mixed couple. We’ve been looking for a house in VA and putting in offers left and right. Full price offer with zero closing help. Nobody would sell to us or even counter offer us which is weird.

We are due in April (early April) and just want a place for our baby girl. ❤️🤰🏼 anyway. One of the realtors was a “nice” African American woman. She turned us away because she found out I...quoting her “took one of our good ones!” 🤦🏼‍♀️ Side not people I don’t fetishize black men. I don’t “only date black men”. I met him in high school and never needed to date anyone else. Love at first sight. My heart ❤️ melted and he felt the sparks too. We are soulmates. I would die for him and he would die for me. Now with that being said it gets worse.

That comment hurt my feeling and made my husband upset. Next we put in an offer and the seller said no. He also proceeds to call me a “n**ger lover”. Obviously that sets my husband into a fit of murderous rage.

Who says that??? It drives me freaking crazy. Anyway I just wanted to rant and also get advice on how to handle both kinds of racist people in this story. It’s been a stressful week and we are so upset about these comments. Its heartbreaking people can be like this....I love my husband and we are so happy. People seem to want to change that.

EDIT: Thanks for the comments and giving me advice! My husband and I finally found a beautiful home and will be closing in a few short weeks! The reason people knew we were a mixed couple was due to the fact our realtor wanted to add a cover letter and picture included in the package to help us stand out. However it didn’t go over well. Luckily we took out the picture of us and bam 💥 we got a house. Goes to show people even in northern VA can be racist. I also reported the realtor who made the comment and posted on Zillow about the home owner calling me a *you know what* lover. So good luck selling your house 🏡 now asshole and