I’m miserable... need some advice.

* Note: I don’t have any children *

At the beginning of the year my friend told me about a job opportunity and the job was to babysit her friends son when he was born. Her friend had no family nearby and made very little money so she couldn’t afford childcare prices. I said yes, I am interested in doing it. I decided I would do it mostly as an act of service, as I was barely going to make any money.

Fast forward to when I actually started babysitting. At first, I thought it was okay but now I absolutely HATE it. This baby is colicky, so he cries a lot. It drives me insane and it makes me more frustrated and aggravated than I’ve ever been in my life. Babysitting him makes me never want children. That’s how much I despise it. My husband knows how stressed I am because of this job. He thinks I need to stop babysitting ASAP and I want to, SO BAD.

I’m struggling with actually going through with it.

I want to help this woman out because she has no one to watch her baby but my mental and emotional health is suffering pretty badly. If I stop babysitting I’m going to feel guilty if she can’t find childcare..

I just don’t know what to do. I’m so stressed out and I hate babysitting this baby so much.