Second cycle after miscarriage and D&C

Alison, 🌈 👶🏻 born 7/26/19

I had a second consecutive miscarriage on April 13 and D&C; April 18... I had a miscarriage before that in December 2017. Anyway, after the first miscarriage my periods were regular again pretty much the whole time which allowed me to get pregnant again so quick the second time. Now with this second miscarriage I got my cycle back about 24 days later on May 13... my cycles have AlWAYS Been exactly on the dot 25 days ... so I’m really upset now that here I am 28th day and it still hasn’t come! We saw an RE after this second one and I am planning to do testing on my second cycle so it not coming is delaying everything. I’ll be 39 in 3 days, have no kids yet and didn’t think I would be going through this ... thought I would have at least one child at this point. Can anyone tell me if after two miscarriages your cycles still came back on time or were they not regular anymore?? And were u able to still get pregnant?? My age is really a concern... I took a preggo test this morning just to make sure I’m not preg, and I’m not... which part of me is sad about it but part of me is relieved. I just want to get this testing done before getting pregnant again per my RE’s recommendations... but I also am scared I’ll do all the testing and then more months will have gone by and I won’t be able to get pregnant and I’ll have missed my chance. This whole process just sucks. Any advice is appreciated. ☹️