Is he trying to make up for something?

My boyfriend left and right wanted to buy me everything I liked. I’d pick up something and he’s like “you want that?” and it got to a point where I started questioning him because my anxiety spiked. Like, why? Are you trying to make up for something you did? I know he’s trying to be sweet, but it just scares me because a lot of girls get cheated on now and days...

UPDATE: He bought me a shirt and tea which was nice, but after that we went to a comic book store. I saw something cute and he went “do you want it?” Or when we were looking at dice and I picked up a set I liked and he was like “seriously, I’ll buy it for you.” He did that with 3 different sets and I was like “seriously dude, I don’t want these, it’s ok.” I don’t get it, and it’s actually scaring me.

This has been an overall problem with me for MONTHS. I’ve got REALLY bad anxiety, am I get so scared he’s cheating on me with a girl we both know from a group we hang out with (but she’s so not his type, and I would know if he was cheating with her). What I don’t get, is why my head has to fuck with me like this. He’s reassured me over and over, saying he’s not that kind of guy, and he’d never do anything to jeopardize our 5 year relationship because “nobody gets me like you do”. I REALLY DO believe him, but at night I just start to overthink, and my thoughts get to me. He knows how to deal with my anxiety so well, and I feel horrible for making him go through all this.